uCloud enables freelancers, small businesses (such as media agencies) and webmasters to easily share their files online. It’s been built to be extremely robust, secure and very fast!
- NEW Core script rewrite to new faster & more powerful MVC framework!
- Upload Files:
- NEW BackBlaze storage support.
- NEW Use with Wasabi using this guide.
- SFTP, FTP, Rackspace and Amazon S3 Storage.
- Internally shared files & folders. Share multiple files & folders with other registered users and enable them to view, upload and download files.
- NEW Global sharing option.
- PHP7.2 support.
- Multi-file uploader with progress. 5GB+ filesize supported.
- Images previewed before upload. File icons shown for each file before upload.
- Percentage progress, size remaining, upload speed and time remaining.
- Background uploading of files. Continue to manage your account while files are being uploaded.
- Drag & Drop into the browser to begin uploading.
- Send via email option once uploaded.
- Copy folder url to the clipboard link.
- Built in url shortener.
- Support for multiple file servers.
- File details page with the following:
- Full path to the file.
- HTML code to directly copy into a website.
- Forum code to directly copy into a forum.
- Link to view statistics for the file.
- Link to remove the file.
- Links to share with common social media sites; Facebook, Twitter etc.
- Link to share via email.
- File Manager:
- Login with your Facebook, Twitter or Google Account (optional setting via admin).
- User registration page.
- NEW Terms & Conditions page.
- Built using ajax so the entire file manager is lightning fast!
- Thumbnails generated for images & pdf files (requires imagemagick)
- File previews for a huge amount of files:
- Images – jpg, jpeg, png, gif, wbmp
- Documents – doc, docx, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx, pdf, pages, ai, tiff, dxf, svg, eps, ps, ttf, otf, xps (< 15MB)
- Videos – mp4, flv (when Flash enabled), ogg
- Audio – mp3
- Caching of image thumbnails for fast load times.
- Right-click menu options on each file & folder to quickly manage the options.
- Powerful search widget. Quickly shows you files and folders which match your search.
- Advanced search to find files by upload date and folder.
- Requires account to upload and manage files. (admin controlled)
- 2 view options for files:
- Icon view – showing file thumbnails.
- List view.
- Full screen mode.
- Sort file listing by filename, file size, date uploaded, last access and total downloads.
- Change the amount of files shown per page.
- Download an entire folder as a zip file.
- Duplicate file(s) option.
- Rename, move & delete file options.
- Watermarking of images by folder option. Upload a png watermark, set the position and padding. This can then be enabled by folder. Use this to share ‘proof’ copies of images to customers without giving the user full access to the image.
- File Downloads:
- Built in support for xSendFile & xAccelRedirect! Big improvements on server performance if enabled.
- Files are stored securely on your web host. They are renamed without the extension on upload and placed inside a folder which can’t be accessed directly.
- Downloads are done using a secure access hash which expire after use. The same download link can not be used multiple times.
- Detailed File Statistics:
- Daily, weekly, monthly downloads.
- Referring sites.
- Visiting countries.
- Visiting browsers.
- Visiting operating systems.
- Links to share files & folders via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & more.
- If a folder is set as private, generate a unique url to enable someone without an account to access it.
- Send via email option on all files & folders.
- Option to hide or show the download button when sharing folders.
- Option to allow or disable downloading of all files within a shared folder.
- Account password stored using SHA256 & PBKDF2 key extender.
- Set file folders and private or public.
- Set passwords on file folders.
- IP blacklisting – block IP addresses from using the site.
- Support for https.
- Externally tested for XSS and SQL injection attacks.
- Written for PHP7.0+.
- 100% full source code.
- Easy installation.
- Fully customisable.
- Modern template. (easily customise and create additional ones)
- Simple, clean, ajax style look and feel.
- Admin Area:
- Redesigned admin area using Bootstrap 3.
- Interactive bulk import tool.
- Separate dedicated admin area.
- Dashboard detailing downloads and active files.
- Search files.
- Disable files.
- NEW Support for multiple languages. Automatic language translation via Google Translation API. Note: This may incur additional charges for using their API.
- Manage users and filter by user files.
- Manage blocked IPs.
- Manage site settings.
- Set and manage file servers.
- Configure to use specific file server or the one with most space.
- Set template.
- Set user account settings:
- Days to keep inactive files.
- Maximum upload filesize.
- and more.
- Option to set the filename on the download url.
- Modern Ajax interface.
- Via the admin area easily set the logo, extra css and site skin.
- Automatic language translations via Google Translate API. Translate the entire site content to another language by clicking a button. Note: Requires a Google API key. Menually edited translations can be marked as ‘locked’ so they’re not overwritten.
- Added option in admin to block the same file from being re-uploaded. Optional on file remove and automatic after removal on abuse reports.
- Added admin “impersonate user” option, so admin users can login as any other user account.
- Added new admin page for backing up the database and codebase. Functionality also built in preparation for automatic upgrades at a later date.
You can see a demo of admin area by logging in with username: admin and password: Password@Demo, note that destructive actions like deleting and editing are disabled on demo site and admin account will be reset every day.
- PHP 7.2 – 7.4 (PHP 8 support coming soon)
- Linux OS (standard on most shared hosts)
- MySQL 5+ with 1 empty database
- PHP PDO MySQL Extension
- PHP GD Extension (normally enabled as standard)
- Apache with Rewrite Module or Nginx
9th February 2021 – v2.0.2 – Security fix.
- Fix to Server-Side Request Forgery on remote url download. Release notes: To apply the update from v2.0.1, simply upload the following files to your install: /app/services/Uploader.class.php /app/core/Framework.class.php
27th August 2020 – v2.0.1 – Minor fixes and improvements.
- Added file manager actions buttons to mobile view. - Added option on public sharing page to download all share as zip or just the current folder. - Significant performance improvements on download as zip feature. - Increased max supported filesize on the document viewer to 50MB (from 10MB). - Better fallback handling if file is greater than 50MB on document viewer. - Moved script version number into /app/core/Framework.class.php. - Minor fix to folder paging when no files. - Minor fix to edit file, folder dropdown not always listing all folders. - Minor improvement to JS translation function. - Minor fix to empty trash function. - Captcha code output fix, due to the way Twig handles HTML they were not always rendered as expected. - Minor fix to add user account type admin function. - Removal of various PHP notices. - Minor fix to auto scan of any newly added themes. Previously this was not automatically showing in admin. - Improvements to file import script (import.php within the file import plugin). - 404 page spelling fix. - Other minor fixes and performance improvements. Release notes: To upgrade from 2.x, backup, then upload the files from /app, /plugins & /themes to your install. Then apply the database patch in /install/resources/upgrade_sql_statements/v2.0.1.sql. Then clear your application cache (via the admin area, site configuration). See the upgrade guidance in the documentation for more information.
20th August 2020 – v2.0.0 – Core Script Rewrite.
11th December 2019 – v1.5.2 – Security Improvements And Fixes.
- Fix for remote download vulnerability when gopher protocol installed. - Fix for SQLi vulnerability within admin area datatable scripts. - Fix for XSS in admin 'log file viewer' and 'get all file server paths' script. - Improved uniqueness of password reset hash. Release notes: There are no database changes in this release. To upgrade an existing install, simply copy the following files to your installation: /admin/ajax/ - Entire folder /admin/log_file_viewer.php /core/includes/coreFunctions.class.php /core/includes/uploader.class.php /core/includes/userPeer.class.php
29th May 2018 – v1.5.1 – Minor bug fixes.
- Minor fix to resolve duplicate folders on sharing. - Minor fix to file action queue processing. Release Notes - There are no database changes in this release. To upgrade an existing install, simply copy the following files to your installation: /themes/cloudable/templates/ajax/_load_album.ajax.php /core/includes/fileAction.class.php
1st April 2018 – v1.5 – Direct File Links, PHP7.2 Support, CDN Support, API Changes and lots of other improvements.
- Replacement of mcrypt functions with OpenSSL for PHP7.2+. - API changes - New admin only endpoints: --- /account/create --- /account/edit --- /account/delete --- /package/listing - Added optional CDN support for image previews and thumbnails. (via file server management) - Added optional captcha to user login screen. - Added optional captcha to admin login screen. - Big changes to how the delete file process works within the code: --- All deletes are now scheduled within the file action queue, including FTP, S3 and Flysystem adapters. --- Better management of file server paths - stored against the file server in the admin area. --- Removal of ajax calls to remote storage server on delete, significant performance improvement. - User file manager changes: --- Added folder ordering. --- Added select folder option, support for multiple as per files. --- Added multi folder delete & drag and drop to move. --- Added empty trash button to trash toolbar. --- Hold ctrl+click to select folders. --- Direct file link option for all files. - Admin area changes: --- Moved "Max File Uploads Per Day" into account packages. --- Moved "Accepted Upload File Types" into account packages. --- Moved "Blocked Upload File Types" into account packages. --- Addedn option to auto clear trash items older than x days in account packages. - Better feedback on login failures for the admin area. - Better handling of core FTP storage when passive mode is enabled. - Improvements to how the account avatar is loaded to avoid restrictions on certain servers. - Fix to Amazon S3 storage configuration issue. - File server option to download over different protocol compared with main site. - Moved the local storage path from _config.inc.php into the file server admin. - All database tables changed to 'InnoDB' & 'utf8mb4_general_ci' to allow for MySQL clustering support. Release Notes: There are database changes within this release. See /install/resources/upgrade_sql_statements/v1.4.2 - v1.5.sql.
24th June 2017 – v1.4
- Core script initial support for file storage on: --- SFTP --- Amazon S3 --- Rackspace Cloud Files --- FTP (improved integration, possible future replacement of core FTP storage) - File Upload API: --- Account Operations: Get account info, get account package info (max upload size, account limits etc). --- File Operations: Upload, Download, Get info, Edit meta data, Delete, Move, Copy. --- Folder Operations: Create, List (Files and Folders), Get info, Edit meta data, Delete, Move. - Admin Area: --- Admin area interface rewrite so it's now using Bootstrap 3. --- Bulk import tool. Within the admin area bulk import files into an account from on a folder on your server. --- Added user avatar to manage users page. --- Added option to remove or set avatar on add/edit user. --- Fix to add/edit user password setting. Now uses the global password rules. - Better support for prepared arguments in the database layer. - Fix to search widget not always displaying the correct file results. - Fix to ordering of files in file manager. - Updated social login plugin - Fixed Facebook not working due to API changes. - Facebook login - removed the request for date or birth, town and about me, in permissions. - Added additional database indexes to improve performance. - Fixed session notice in later versions of PHP - session_write_close(): Failed to write session data (user). - Fixed SMTP sending issues caused by debug being enabled within email sending library. - Fixed issue with folder zip download not being fully recursive. Release Notes: There are database changes within this release. See /install/resources/upgrade_sql_statements/v1.3.4 - v1.4.sql.
18th January 2017 – v1.3.4
- Update of PHPMailer to fix recently announced security issue - https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/releases/tag/v5.2.22
17th November 2016 – v1.3.2
- Minor fix for issues with FTP storage server sometimes not selecting on upload. - Minor fix for the default upload view after creating a folder in the root. NOTE: To apply this patch copy these files to your install: /core/includes/uploader.class.php /themes/cloudable/templates/ajax/_account_add_edit_folder.process.ajax.php
2nd November 2016 – v1.3.1
- Minor fix for duplicate folder listing on internally shared folders. NOTE: To apply this patch copy this file to your install: /themes/cloudable/templates/ajax/_load_album.php
14th October 2016 – v1.3
- Internally shared folders. Share any folder with other registered users and enable them to view, upload and download files. - Added support for default albums on new account creation/registration. Can be set via the admin, site settings. - Improvements to stats logging performance and sync between the stats count and file.visits value. - Admin Area: --- Added option to bulk remove files by copying and pasting a list of urls. --- Fix to add/edit user password setting. Now uses the global password rules. - Fixed admin area 12 months new files chart. - Improvement to ipToCountry checking for larger IP ranges. - Better support for prepared arguments in the database layer. - Various improvements and minor bug fixes. NOTE: There are database changes in this release. See installresourcesupgrade_sql_statementsv1.2.3 - v1.3.sql
29th May 2016 – v1.2.3
- Changed name of script to uCloud. There are no code changes in this release.
11th April 2016 – v1.2.1
- Fix to issue with sharing on private folders not working. - Fix to remove use of depreciated function within coreFunctions.class.php for PHP7. - Fix to admin add/edit user password setting. Now uses the global password rules. - Added sql commands to enable captcha api keys within site settings. NOTE: There are database changes in this release. See installresourcesupgrade_sql_statementsv1.2 - v1.2.1.sql
18th March 2016 – v1.2
- PHP7 support. - Login with your Facebook, Twitter or Google+ Account (optional setting via admin). - User registration page and relating admin settings: --- Whether to enable or disable the registration form. --- Whether to display the captcha on the site registration form. --- Block email address domains from registering. Comma separated list of domains. --- Block usernames from the registration page. - Automatic language translations via Google Translate API. Translate the entire site content to another language by clicking a button. Note: Requires a Google API key. Menually edited translations can be marked as 'locked' so they're not overwritten. - Added support for username and password protected http & ftp urls. In the format ftp://user:firstname.lastname@example.org/filename.txt. - Improved session handling and how regularly the sessions are cleared from the database. - Reduced the amount of data stored in each session for bettter performance, from (up to) 65k to just over 1k. - Updated IP to Country data and added admin script to update the data as needed. (see the top of /core/includes/ip2Country.class.php) - Improved right 'next page' arrow positioning when viewing files. Allows for easier scrolling of documents. - Allowed for files to be dragged into folder icons on the main view. - Added menu down arrow on folder icons. - Admin Area: --- Added option in admin to block the same file from being re-uploaded. Optional on file remove and automatic after removal on abuse reports. --- Added admin "impersonate user" option, so admin users can login as any other user account. --- Added new admin page for backing up the database and codebase. Functionality also built in preparation for automatic upgrades at a later date. --- Admin option to set blocked keywords within the filename on file uploads. --- Added option to temporarily disable file uploads globally via the admin area, site settings. Uploads will still function for admin accounts. --- Added option to temporarily disable file downloads globally via the admin area, site settings. Downloads will still function for admin accounts. - Fixed issue with file move between external file servers. - Various other UI fixes and improvements. NOTE: There are database changes in this release. See installresourcesupgrade_sql_statementsv1.1 - v1.2.sql
21st January 2016 – v1.1
- Added watermarking of images by folder option. Upload a png watermark, set the position and padding. This can then be enabled by folder. Use this to share 'proof' copies of images to customers without giving the user full access to the image. - Added an option to hide or show the download button when sharing folders. - Automatic language translations via Google Translate API. Translate the entire site content to another language by clicking a button. Note: Requires a Google API key. - Added admin, theme settings option to add custom CSS code. This is kept between upgrades of the code. - Added admin, theme settings option to set the logo on the publicly shared pages. - Support for previewing animated gifs. - Added 'download all images' as zip file option when folder is shared. - Fix to hide OG image if file is set as private or requires a password. - Reduced the maximum size of portrait images when previewing, better fit for common screen resolutions. - Improved UI layout on mobile preview of images. - Other minor updates and improvements. NOTE: There are database changes in this release. See installresourcesupgrade_sql_statementsv1.0 - v1.1.sql
8th January 2016 – v1.0
- Initial release.