Compatible with WordPress 5.5.1, WooCommerce 4.4.1, Elementor, WPML, Polylang
Newspaper: Newspaper style with grid masonry layout on posts and two-column text column for single layout.
Times News: Inspired by New York Times, LATimes, Independent, The Times UK. This is a very clean theme for newspaper with focus on readability.
Times Writer: Inspired by NyTimes and Medium.
Fashion: Inspired by ELLE Fashion Magazine.
Commentary: Inspired by The Newyorker. This is best for Commentary Magazine, Satire, Poem, Illustration, Cartoon, Comics, Politics
Original: The original demo of The Fox with old-school style like a paper newspaper
Interior: Elegant design with light colors for Home Decor Magazines or Apartment Therapy Blogs.
Food: A clean food blog for food bloggers to share your recipes, dishes, cooking secrets and food photos.
Clean: It’s just a clean blog for writers who want a clean and highly-readable blog like Medium, Lifehacker, Gizmodo..
Geometry: Colorful WP demo for Tech, AI, Science, Geeks, Game, Fiction..
Travel: A demo for backpackers, travellers, travel bloggers or photographers who want a white, light & clean blog to tell greate stories.
Science: Inspired by Scientific American, the #1 science magazine. This is for science news, tech, biology, physics, chemistry, maths, artificial intelligence..
Smooth: Inspired by Kinfolk magazine, this is a demo for Arts and Portfolio.
Lifestyle: This demo is for fashion, chic, girls, minimalist bloggers
WORDPRESS 5.5.1 COMPATIBLE. GUTENBERG EDITOR READY
Fox is compatible with WordPress 5.5 and always up to date, compatible with future WordPress versions. We also support Classic Editor for those who doesn’t like the new editor.
ONE-CLICK IMPORT DEMO
All Demos are included in the download package. To make your site look 100% same as demo, you just need to click to single button “Import” and wait for couple of minutes.
100% RESPONSIVE + MOBILE FRIENDLY
Fox is serious with mobile version. We offers off-canvas menu that looks like popular websites such as Facebook, NyTimes, New Yorker, ELLE.. with two different skins: light or dark. You can also set background image for your off-canvas menu like this >>.
Everything is responsive: You can choose different ad images for mobile screen, smaller font size for text, smaller padding/margin for elements..
Fox supports custom mobile logo: You can upload mobile version of your site logo. By default, it’s text logo that’s very light-weight.
Fox or none of our WordPress themes collect any kind of personal data, like email, name or IP addresses.
Fox is coded with standard HTML 5 & CSS3 technique. We bring semantic into your code so that search engines like Google, Bing.. can read easily and understands what your site is about, where’s the headline, where’s the main image etc.
Text logo is default unless you want to use image. All headings H1, H2, H3.. are well orgazined as well as CSS, JS files are minified by default to improve site speed.
All Google Fonts are combined into single-call to load, and only necessary font weights are loaded.
BUILT-IN DRAG & DROP HOME BUILDER
Drag & Drop Homepage Builder is integrated right in the customizer. You don’t need to install additional page builder. Choose among 11 layouts with options to customize each layout. Here’s the list of all possible layouts to choose from:
- Standard Post
- Grid: 2 – 5 columns
- Masonry: 2 – 5 columns
- Vertical Post
- Post Group 1
- Post Group 2
- Classic Slider
- Modern Slider
- Post Carousel
- Big Post
You can also play around with section heading, display sidebar left/right, display some banner/ad.
CONTROL EVERY SINGLE ELEMENT
Fox gives you total font control on each single element: general body text, heading, menu, logo, post title, meta.. 1,000+ options included and well organized, building a magazine yourself has never been more fun.
Here’s the full list of typography elements you can control:
- Body font
- Heading font
- Navigation first level
- Navigation dropdown
- Logo font
- Off-canvas mobile menu
- Section heading font
- Blog post title
- Blog post meta
- Standalone category (above post title)
- Single post title
- Single post subtitle
- Single post content
- Single label heading
- Archive title font
- Widget title
- Form input
- Block quote
- Drop cap (with Gothic font option)
- Image caption
- Copyright text
ELEMENTOR PAGE BUILDER
Elementor is a free page builder has powered more than 4 millions of WordPress sites. Fox works well with Elementor and includes following builder elements:
- Post Standard Layout
- Post Newspaper Layout
- Post Grid Layout
- Post Masonry (Pinterest-like) Layout
- Post List Layout
- Post Vertical Layout
- Post Big Layout
- Post Slider Layout
- Post Group 1 (2 columns)
- Post Group 2 (3 columns)
- Author Grid/List
- Responsive Ad
MULTILINGUAL POLYLANG COMPATIBLE
Fox is 100% compatible with Polylang so you can turn your site into a multi-languages site.
Custom sidebar on homepage: You can choose to display sidebar between post sections. Put your ad, newsletter form, contact form, intro boxes or Instagram grid. Whatever you want.
Custom post type: Fox supports custom post type and custom taxonomy. Instead of showing standard posts, you can choose to display Book, Movie or any custom post type.
Non-duplicating posts: If a post appears in section 1, it won’t appear in section 2 even it’s in category 2. Your visitors will always being feed with fresh news.
Archive top area: In each category/tag, you may choose to showcase most viewed posts or featured posts of that category/tag in some manner: post group 1, group 2, vertical post, post grid.. View example >>
Individual category, tag options: Each category, tag has its own option set so you can display category A differently from category B. Category 1 is in grid layout, category 2 is in list layout. It’s ok.
- Post layout: grid, masonry, list, standard..
- Sidebar: Left, right or no sidebar
- Top area: layout for top area or disable.
- Category cover image. Example >>
- Sidebar selection: It means you can display different sidebars for different categories.
Built-in author options: Social profile URLs such as twitter, facebook, instagram, pinterest.. Fox allows you to upload author avatar and author cover image without installing additional plugins (note that other WP themes require a plugin to do that)
Advanced thumbnail options: You can choose over landscape, square, portrait thumbnail for your blog posts or enter your custom thumbnail size that right to you, eg. 720×400.
Thumbnail hover effect: Fox includes 4 thumbnail hover effects: Image fade, darken, brand logo hover or the first letter of post title. You can also choose not to use any of them.
Content width can be set to 1020px, 1170px or any number you want. Feel free to change the sidebar width too.
5 Header layouts:
- Stack 1: Navigation bar – Logo
- Stack 2: Logo – Navigation bar
- Stack 3: Search, Logo, Social – Menu
- Stack 4: Menu – Search, Logo, Social
- Inline: Logo Left – Menu Right
- Minimal Header with Primary Menu disabled.
Sticky header can be enabled/disabled.
Mega menu: To enable mega menu, you just need to check to the menu item: Enable this. Very simple. Fox supports 2, 3, 4 column mega menu item.
Loads latest posts from category: You can enable this feature for category menu item in the back end, so that when your visitors hover a category menu item, it loads latest posts in that category.
Off canvas menu: Build a professional site with off canvas menu that opens by a hamburger button, like Facebook, Nytimes, Elle.. Fox offers off canvas menu with 2 different skins: Light and Dark. You can choose an off canvas menu that differs from your main header menu.
Text logo and image logo: Fox supports text logo with customizations like font face, size, color.. Text logo is practically good for SEO and is a simple solution if you don’t want to design an image logo.
9 footer layouts: Fox supports flexibly footer layouts:
- 1/4 + 1/4 + 1/4 + 1/4
- 2/4 + 1/4 + 1/4
- 1/4 + 2/4 + 1/4
- 1/4 + 1/4 + 2/4
- 1/3 + 1/3 + 1/3
- 2/3 + 1/3
- 1/3 + 2/3
- 1/2 + 1/2
You can align each column left, center or right to build your own footer with creativity. Also, light and dark skin with background color, image are supported for footer.
Versatile single post layouts: There’re 6 predefined single post layouts, that you can set locally for each individual post or globally for all posts
- Layout 1: Thumbnail – Title – Content
- Layout 1b: Title – Thumbnail – Content
- Layout 2: [Title] – [Thumbnail] – [Content]
- Layout 3: [Thumbnail] – [Title & Content]
- Layout 4: Hero Full
- Layout 5: Hero Half (Dark and Light)
5 Post formats supported:
- Standard post
- Video post: YouTube, Vimeo or any popular video service. You can also upload your own mp4 video file.
- Audio post: Spotify, Soundcloud or any popular audio service. You can also upload your own audio file.
- Gallery post: with 7 gallery styles
- Link format: Your post in blog can point to an external link
Autoload next post: Create an infinite scroll for single posts to keep your visitors on site. When visitors reach to the bottom of single post, it loads a new post automatically.
This is a feature inspired by qz.com or elle.com
Automatic video thumbnail: Once Youtube or Vimeo video URL set for your video format post, Fox automatically pulls thumbnail from the video for your post.
Two column text: single column text or 2-column text layout.
Built-in light box: Fox integrates a beautiful light box.
Reading progress: The reading progress indicates how much your post content has been read. You can enable/disable it, set it at top or bottom with custom thickness and color.
Post view counter: Fox integrates a simple post view counter but in a separated plugin. You may choose to install it or not. It counts post views by session so it’s pretty correct. It means refreshing the post 10 times in 1 minute still counts as 1 view. In each builder section or post list widget, you have option to display most viewed posts: all time, yearly, monthly or weekly.
Related posts: Fox integrates related posts in few positions: after post content, bottom of single post or in footer sliding box. Related post source can be: same tags, same category, same author, latest posts, featured posts.
Review post: Fox integrates a simple built-in review system that helps you to build a review blog/magazine such as book review, movie review etc. Sample review post >>
Sponsored post: Example of sponsored post >> You can change the sponsor label, name, image logo, image width and the sponsor URL.
Live post: For live events like football match or an outbreak (Coronavirus, Forest Fire..), it has a label as “Live post” and the time indicator of latest update time. This feature is inspired by news sites like NyTimes, BBC, CNN.. See Live Post >>
Professional Image Align: You can choose to set each image in your post to be aligned wide (120px larger than the post content width) or fullwidth (to the edge of screen). Those options can be set for each image, each post or all posts.
7 Gallery Styles:
- Image Grid gallery with options 2 – 5 columns
- Masonry image gallery with options 2-5 columns
- Carousel gallery
- Stack Images
- Image Slider
- Metro gallery style
- Rich-content slider
Fox has a lot of ad spots you can use responsive banner ad or enter your own ad code, say Adsense. Each banner ad has option for desktop banner, tablet and mobile ad.
Here’re spots you can insert your ads:
- Before Header
- After Header
- After Logo
- Before each homepage builder section
- Before the main stream posts in homepage builder
- Main Sidebar
- 4 Footer Columns
- Before single post title
- Before single post content
- After single post content
- In a page if you use Elementor.
- About widget
- Image box
- Coronavirus data
- Instagram Feed (third-party)
- Facebook Like Box
- Pinterest Feed
- Responsive Ad (Banner or custom Adsense Code)
- Post List (Latest, Most Viewed, Best Rated)
- Author List
- Social List
- Mailchimp Form For WP (third-party)
- Header, Footer Logo
- Header, Footer Menu
Social Share: Fox supports share icons of all popular social sites. You can display share icons before, sticky along post or after the post content.
- Messenger (only rare themes support this)
(Note that Instagram doesn’t have a share button)
Built-in Coronavirus Data Widget included: With world wide spread of the Covid 19 pandemic, many sites now require a live update of the pandemic locally or globally. Since v4.4, Fox includes a built-in Coronavirus widget update with data from Johns Hopkins University, New York Times and Worldometers combined. See a live demo here >>. You can display number of total cases, new confirmed cases, total deaths from:
- Any country, say USA, France, UK, Italy, Spain, Germany, Russia etc
- Any continent, eg. Europe, Asia, North America etc
- Any U.S. State, eg. New York, California, Illinois, New Jersey etc
- And a table below with data from all countries around the world or all U.S states
With smart data cached you can set from 15 mins – 24 hours, it doesn’t slow down your site while the data is still up to date. This widget is EXCLUSIVELY included in The Fox theme and you’ll see it right after install the theme under Appearance > Widgets tab. Enter your own country/state. No further actions needed.
Compatible with essential plugins:
- Elementor page builder
- WooCommerce plugin for shop
- Contact Form 7
- Mailchimp For WP
- SEO Yoast
- Instagram Feed
- All in one security
- WP Rocket (premium)
- Lazy Load
- Loco Translate
- WP Super Cache and W3 Total Cache
Fully Translatable: Fox supports more than 20 essential translation words right inside the customizer panel so you don’t need to install a third-party translation plugin. Words you can translate quickly in Customizer: More, Keep Reading, Read More, Previous, Next..
- Human-reading time: 3 days ago, 19 hours ago..
- Sentence base: word or character
- Multi-site ready
- Cross browser compatibility: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE, Edge.
- Retina ready
- Support for multi page articles
- Child theme supported
- Reading time in post meta
- CSS, JS Compressed by default. However, you can select to load many individual files if you want for your own purpose.
- Show/Hide everything in your site.
- Most of options are local and global: ie. there’s an option for each single post and there’s an option in Customizer that applies for all posts.
- Font Awesome 5 icon list
- Custom header logo URL
- Upload default thumbnail in case there’s no thumbnail
- Custom post blog thumbnail, ie. you can set blog image that’s different from single post thumbnail.
Fox offers dedicated & comprehensive online documentation you can access quick & easy.
UPDATE AND SUPPORT
Once purchased, you have LIFE TIME updates. Update can be done automatically within single-click by using Envato Market plugin. See how to update the theme >>
We offer great support & friendly help at withemes.ticksy.com
REAL CUSTOMER REVIEWS
HOW PEOPLE USE THE FOX
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE?
- Installable WordPress theme file
- All premade demos with one-click import.
- All necessary plugins
- FREE lifetime updates even when support expired.
- 6 months support by default (or 12 months if you choose).
- Direct support by theme author
- Online Theme Documentation
Version 4.6.1 – September 30, 2020
- fix: big post excerpt size option - fix: gallery grid thumbnail - fix: gallery rich slider arrows (fashion) - fix: social icons missing - fix: ad link full - fix: galery image caption in lightbox (classic gallery) - fix: polylang issues - fix: primary/sidebar float when empty - fix: excerpt word wrap issue - fix: builder heading no text gap issue - fix: slider1 default arrow issue
Version 4.6 – September 21, 2020
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: if you're using Fox + Elementor, you must go to Dashboard > Fox Magazine > Install Plugins to update the Fox Elementor Addons plugin to v1.3 - feature: allow to add site border in wide layout - feature: allow more next/prev styles for sliders - feature: post carousel - feature: option to choose social icon shape (light/square) - feature: option to choose search/cart icon style: smooth or sharp - feature: built-in mailchimp newsletter widget with advanced layouts - feature: more layouts for header area - feature: navbar stretch, navbar height - feature: logo area background, padding options - feature: spacing option for social icons - feature: design options for list widgets & tag cloud - feature: footer bottom layout/element - feature: more options for footer social icons - feature: footer instagram widget - feature: footer newsletter widget - feature: more instagram widget options - feature: circle shape for text scroll up - feature: typography option for copyright text - feature: post standard title font size - feature: improve social share style - feature: much more options for single hero posts - feature: subtitle position option (after title or before content) - feature: option for show/hide tag label - feature: option for order of elements after single post content - feature: more single post navigation styles - feature: standalone category styles - feature: allow to use transparent header for single post hero full (ie. single layout 4) - feature: allow builder heading without text - feature: option for a line between 2 widgets - fix: homepage builder or admin js/css scripts cached - fix: Single post side dock thumbnail width - fix: fox_blog_related( newspaper ) - fix: customizer radio/image_radio fields - fix: 1st standard thumbnail issue - fix: title size missing for big post - adjust: border for related posts is back - adjust: change tooltipster theme - adjust: add fox_sidebars into theme_mod instead of option so that it can export it easier - deprecated: Fox lazyload removed completely - deprecated: author avatar no longer grayscale on blog - deprecated: instagram old version by only username
Version 184.108.40.206 – September 03, 2020
- fix: customizer js issue when WITHEMES_ADMIN not available
Version 4.5 – September 03, 2020
- highlight: redesign the homepage builder, lighter, more flexible - highlight: improve site performance/optimization significantly - feature: add compatibility to WordPress 5.5.1 - feature: add "fox_blog" shortcode - feature: related posts in the sidebar - feature: tag, include option in widget latest posts - feature: Review position top/bottom - feature: Add option for caption alignment - feature: Option to disable theme Lightbox (Customize > Miscellaneous) - improve: replace images in css by webp images - improve: font swap for better performance - fix: $rendered_articles not array, blog-template43.php line 907 - fix: jQuery deprecated scripts issues - fix: issue Instagram not showing up - fix: lightbox issue - deprecate: remove lazy load feature - deprecated: Best Rated and Most Viewed widget. Please use (FOX) Post List instead
Version 220.127.116.11 – August 15, 2020
- fix: jQuery Migrate issue of WP 5.5
Version 18.104.22.168 – August 14, 2020
- fix: post view counter register_route issue
Version 4.4.4 – August 13, 2020
- highlight: card layout for blog layouts (grid, masonry, list, standard) - highlight: more layouts: 1st post + list, 1st post + grid - highlight: modern slider height option - highlight: allows left/right/alternative thumbnail position for blog list - highlight: hand-drawn lines - highlight: header transparent option - added: compatible with WP 5.5 - added: polylang support for 404 page message - added: allow to set body background on wide layout - added: allow all primary menu levels depth - added: list thumbnail position in builder - added: allow share icons for standard blog in the builder - improve: remove live text from grid, list, masonry layout - improve: the colorful social share icons - fix metabox tabs issue in the backend (jetpack stats) - fix: word count for other languages
Version 22.214.171.124 – June 04, 2020
- feature: option for enabling excerpt...
Version 4.4.3 – June 03, 2020
- feature: add option for wrapper box padding - feature: option to show/hide thumbnail on post list widget - feature: post group 2 medium thumbnail size - feature: non-duplicate post option for top area archive page - fix: hero post scroll button not align center - fix: cancel reply fix typo issue - fix: add missing words for Polylang
Version 126.96.36.199 – May 26, 2020
- fix standard layout live indicator issue - fix polylang issues
Version 4.4.2 – May 21, 2020
- feature: grid border between grid/masonry items - feature: author list widget author avatar shape, color, separator option - feature: border sep between sidebar & primary area - feature: improve about widget with lot of options - fix: sidebar padding mobile issue - fix: the bug can't delete user avatar/cover image
Version 188.8.131.52 – May 13, 2020
- fix ad not showing issue
Version 4.4.1 – May 12, 2020
- post vertical excerpt size option - improve a media embed like Spotify, Tiktok.. - add "fox_final_params" hook for final parameters - add "fox_thumbnail_final_params" hook for final thumbnail parameters - add center text position option for hero full post - Fix: post big "keep reading" link - Fix: thumbnail hover effect, shape for vertical post, post group 1, 2 - Fix: classic slider show/hide components - Fix: all videos, medias.. wider than content for single post - Fix: the ad issue when image upload then removed, ID no longer exists but ad still showing - Fix: gallery caption issue - adjust: move minimal logo option for single post to logo section to make it easier to find - adjust: color of new cases in Coronavirus update widget
Version 184.108.40.206 – May 01, 2020
- fix post slider arrows issue - fix Instagram widget Elementor issue - option for woocommerce cart on header or off the side
Version 4.4 – April 29, 2020
HIGHLIGHTS - CUSTOMIZER SEARCH functionality - HOMEBUIDER DRAG & DROP to reorder builder sections - Allow to use widgets in builder section - Home builder layout: Post Modern Slider - Commentary Demo - Lifestyle Demo NEW FEATURES - add option for builder section content narrow - header sticky height - header navigation background option - builder section responsive visibility: ie. now you can hide some sections on tablet/mobile - header stack 4 - header menu active style - builder section ad responsive visibility - add a few more quick translation words: Live, Comment form words - Page title align option in page settings for each page - builder heading border color option - widget (FOX) Image box - more post standard options - mobile logo height opiton - footer sidebar column text align option - footer sidebar margin, padding, border options - single post padding top option - header cart icon for woocommerce - thumbnail stretch container option ADJUSTMENTS - adjust: default header stick height to 40px. you can change it in Customize > Header Layout > Sticky Header - adjust: sticky header background opacity from 95% to 100%. you can change it in Customize > Header Layout > Sticky Header - adjust: improve post standard design (margin, padding, spacing) - adjust: button outline & fill are now 1px border instead of 2px - adjust: increase the tablet screen breakdown from 782px to 820px to support iPad 7th gen - adjust: subtitle now between title and meta (as before 4.3) - adjust: thumbnail index more beautiful for post widget small thumbnail FIXES - fix: header navigation border default value - fix: sticky post order descending error - fix: post group 1 border issue - fix: header shadow none - fix: tablet screen breakpoint to 840px to compatible with iPad 10" - fix: section builder ad code align center - fix: page title align by adding align option for each page - fix: section builder heading small size too close to the line - fix: sep border color post group 1 - fix: default thumbnail not working issue - fix: import sidebar missing - fix: import post type error - fix: gallery bigger than content global option DEPRECATIONS - deprecated: main stream order. replaced by section drag/drop reorder feature
Version 220.127.116.11 – April 17, 2020
- fix the issue checkbox can't be saved in single post back end.
Version 4.3 – April 17, 2020
- homepage builder: non-duplicate posts option - homepage builder: more post layout options: masonry, vertical, standard, newspaper - homepage builder: section design option: color, background, border - homepage builder: more heading styles - homepage builder: more heading options: size, color, align - homepage builder: custom query option - homepage builder: supports custom post type taxonomy query - homepage builder: option to include/exclude multi-categories - homepage builder: option to include multi-authors - homepage builder: banner ad option for tablet/mobile - homepage builder: allow to use sidebar for each section - homepage builder: allow to display shortcode in each section - header: new stack 3 layout - header: social size, social style options - header: heavy shadow for header sticky - header: sticky header logo - header: allow to disable primary menu - header: option for hamburger button - footer: footer bottom, footer widgets custom color - footer: footer sidebar vertical align - footer: disable footer logo option - blog: supports grid 5 cols, masonry 5 cols for archive layouts - blog: thumbnail showing effect - blog: more options for each blog type: group 1, group 2, slider, vertical.. - post: "live post" feature for breaking news - post: post hero dark skin - post: option to disable scroll down button for hero posts - post: minimal header logo height for hero posts - post: single post, top banner - post: allow to display related posts after both content and sidebar - post: support stretch wide and full for each individual image - post: query options for footer sliding box - post: allow to display featured posts in related posts, bottom posts, footer sliding box - design: block quote quote icon, alignment - design: design option for caption text - design: add drop cap font option, Gothic font - design: design options for subtitle - widget: 2, 3 column option for author grid widget - general: update google font list - general: built-in user avatar option - improve: overall design - improve: off-canvas menu design - improve: post group on mobile design - improve: social share - improve: mega menu item load on hover to improve site speed - improve: Recommend Instagram Feed plugin due to Instagram policy changes - improve: No longer requires Elementor - improve: Sidebar 2 columns on tablet for better responsive display - improve: post group on mobile - improve: contact form button - improve: hero post design - improve: CSS Sass structure - fix: can't disable header sticky - fix: alt tag for image logo - fix: drop cap issue when first letter is not in <p> tag - fix: review display when no review criteria - fix: empty metabox value in classic editor - fix: lightbox gallery issue - fix: sidebar missing when import demo - fix: woocommerce number of related products - deprecate: lazy load due to lack of consistence. supports third-party lazyload plugins