Notify every WordPress post change!
You want to <strong>be notified</strong> when one of your contributors submitted a new post for revision or an editor published one? Vice versa you want to <strong>notify your contributors</strong> when their posts got published?<br />
This is just the beginning of what you can achieve with Post Status Notifier (PSN)!
It works with all kind of <strong>custom post types</strong>, supports all custom <strong>taxonomies</strong> like categories and tags of other plugins. You can grab all these taxonomy values and custom fields attached to a post and use them as <strong>placeholders</strong> in your custom notification texts. PSN has a <strong>powerful</strong> <a href="http://docs.ifeelweb.de/post-status-notifier/conditional_templates.html" rel="nofollow">conditional template syntax</a> featuring many filters and functions to get the most out of the placeholders! Define as many <strong>notification rules</strong> as you need with all kind of settings, like custom <strong>CC, BCC and FROM</strong> emails addresses.
PSN is extensible! Build your custom module to implement a new notification service.
PSN works great with plugins like <strong>WP Job Manager</strong> (read the <a href="http://www.ifeelweb.de/2014/666/notify-wp-job-manager-listings-wordpress-plugin-post-status-notifier/" rel="nofollow">blog post</a>), <strong>Calendarize.it</strong> (read the <a href="http://www.ifeelweb.de/2014/748/notify-calendarize-events-wordpress-plugin-post-status-notifier/" rel="nofollow">blog post</a>), <strong>Crowdfunding by Astoundify</strong> (read the <a href="http://www.ifeelweb.de/2014/706/notify-payments-crowdfunding-astoundify-post-status-notifier/" rel="nofollow">blog post</a>), <strong>WP User Frontend</strong> (read the <a href="http://www.ifeelweb.de/2014/810/setup-email-notifications-wp-user-frontend-submitted-posts/" rel="nofollow">blog post</a>) or <strong>Advanced Custom Fields</strong>, just to name a few. The possibilities are endless. Want to <strong>automate your publishing workflow</strong> with <a href="http://bufferapp.com/" rel="nofollow">Buffer</a>? No problem! And if you are looking for a solution to create <strong>custom email notifications for user submitted posts</strong>, PSN works great together with <a href="https://codecanyon.net/item/frontend-publishing-pro/8517990">Frontend Publishing Pro</a>, also available on CodeCanyon. <strong>Plugin homepage:</strong><br />
<img src="https://d1uajaf4ht87ft.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/06202621/psn_rating_1.png" alt="Post Status Notifier - 1" />
<img src="https://d1uajaf4ht87ft.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/06201841/cc_ad_v_1_9_0.jpg" alt="New in version 1.9.0" />
- New status “Not scheduled”
- New rule condition: Post ID whitelist / blacklist, see documentation page.
- New rule condition: Exclude recipients by user ID or email address
- Custom rule match condition based on template syntax, see: Dynamic match condition
<p><img src="https://d1uajaf4ht87ft.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/06201844/cc_ad_v1_8_8.jpg" alt="New in version 1.8.8" />
- Content Diffs, see: http://docs.ifeelweb.de/post-status-notifier/content_diffs.html
<p><img src="https://d1uajaf4ht87ft.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/06201847/cc_ad_v1_8.jpg" alt="New in version 1.8" />
- Rule trigger limitations, see: http://docs.ifeelweb.de/post-status-notifier/limitations.html
- Dynamic recipients, see: http://docs.ifeelweb.de/post-status-notifier/dynamic_recipients.html
- Late execution, see: http://docs.ifeelweb.de/post-status-notifier/options.html#late-execution
- Mandrill support, see: http://docs.ifeelweb.de/post-status-notifier/options.html#advanced
- Redesigned options page for better overview
<p><img src="https://d1uajaf4ht87ft.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/06201826/cc_ad_mailqueue.jpg" alt="Mail Queue" />
- New in version 1.7: Mail Queue
- Handle large amounts of generated notification emails by sending them deferred
- Customize max amount, mail queue execution recurrence and max tries on errors
- Optionally log successfully sent emails in the mail queue log
- Uses WordPress’s internal Cron API to trigger mail queue execution
<img src="https://d1uajaf4ht87ft.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/06201839/cc_ad_rules.jpg" alt="Custom notification rules" />
- Define custom notification rules
- Categories filter: Include or exclude categories (even from custom post types) from notifications
- Create custom email texts with support for many placeholders
- Supports user roles (custom roles too) as email recipients
- Import / export of your notification rules
- Custom sender e-mail. Define the notification sender (FROM) per rule or as a default in the options.
<img src="https://d1uajaf4ht87ft.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/06201824/cc_ad_html_mails.jpg" alt="HTML mails" />
- Support for HTML mails
- Create email templates for reusability
<p><img src="https://d1uajaf4ht87ft.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/06201834/cc_ad_post_types.jpg" alt="Supports Custom Post Types" />
- Support for posts, pages and all custom post types
- Support for all post status values
<img src="https://d1uajaf4ht87ft.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/06201831/cc_ad_placeholders.jpg" alt="Placeholders" />
- You can choose from a variety of placeholders to perfectly adapt the email texts to your needs
- Dynamic placeholders: You will be able to fetch every custom field or taxonomy attached to your posts
- Placeholder filters: Completely adjust the content of placeholders to your needs (supports the filters of the famous PHP template engine Twig)
<img src="https://d1uajaf4ht87ft.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/06201850/cc_conditional_templates.jpg" alt="Conditional templates" />
- Use PSN’s powerful conditional template syntax to dynamically create your notification texts
- Many filters to change the placeholder contents
- Conditions (if, elseif, else) and Loops
- Use special functions to access any kind of data e.g. wp.get_userdata( [post_author] )
<img src="https://d1uajaf4ht87ft.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/06201836/cc_ad_recipients_lists.jpg" alt="Recipients lists" />
- Store your recipients email addresses in custom lists. No need to create WordPress user accounts for each recipient.
<p><img src="https://d1uajaf4ht87ft.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/06201828/cc_ad_options.jpg" alt="Options" />
- Supports SMTP. You find all necessary SMTP settings to connect your SMTP server in the options section.
- WordPress multisite compatible
- Optional logging: Logs status changes based on your rules
- Dashboard widget showing the latest log entries
- Comprehensive documentation
- Included translations: english, german
- Support in english and german via Zendesk: ifeelwebde.zendesk.com
- Tested on Windows, Mac OS and Linux
- Built on our ifeelweb.de WordPress Plugin Framework
<img src="https://d1uajaf4ht87ft.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/06201853/cc_extensible.png" alt="Extensible" />
- PSN is ready to be extended by custom modules (see the manual)
- Implement support for your own notification / messaging service
- Add custom placeholders to perfectly adjust PSN to your plugin or theme
- Endless possibilities…
- Please contact me if you have questions about extending PSN
What customers say
<p><img src="https://d1uajaf4ht87ft.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/06202829/customer_ratings.png" alt="Post Status Notifier - 2" /> <strong><em>“Great plugin, look through maybe 7 plugins until found this one and it is the best.”</em></strong><br />
<strong><em>“just got the pro version and it?s working great, awesome plugin man and thanks for your excellent support”</em></strong><br />
<strong><em>“This plugin is very intuitive and works great. Very helpful support. Top notch!”</em></strong><br />
<strong><em>“Thank you for your great support ? the plugin works great now and has accomplished what 5 other commercial and free plugins couldn?t ? to provide simple and configurable email notifications for WP status changes.”</em></strong><br />
Who is using it?
<a href="http://crossbox.us/" rel="nofollow"><img src="https://www.ifeelweb.de/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/crossbox.png" alt="Crossbox" /></a>
Here are some simple examples of how you can use Post Status Notifier. You can easily adapt the notification rules to your own use case. <img src="https://d1uajaf4ht87ft.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/06202922/use_case_1_pending_post.jpg" alt="Case 1: The pending post" /> You host a blog / website with several authors and you want to be informed when a new post is ready for review? This rule sends a notification email to the blog admin when a new post got submitted for review. <img src="https://d1uajaf4ht87ft.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/06202924/use_case_2_happy_author.jpg" alt="Use case 2: The happy author" /> This rule sends an email to the author of a post when it got published. <img src="https://d1uajaf4ht87ft.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/06202926/use_case_3_pedantic_admin.jpg" alt="Use case 3: The pedantic admin" /> This rule is for blog admins who want to be informed about every single post status change. <img src="https://d1uajaf4ht87ft.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/06202928/use_case_4_buffer.jpg" alt="Use case 3: Use with Buffer" /> If you are using <a href="https://bufferapp.com/" rel="nofollow">Buffer</a> for automatically sharing your WordPress posts with your social profiles, PSN can do the job for you. See how it works in this <a href="https://www.ifeelweb.de/2014/569/using-post-status-notifier-buffer-share-wordpress-posts-social-profiles/" rel="nofollow">blog post</a>.
- WordPress >= 3.3
- PHP >= 7.0
Version 1.9.9 – Release: 2021/06/15
- Added: Advanced option “Postponed execution” which might help if rules don’t work as expected when creating posts via frontend
- Added: Option “Identical emails threshold” which defines a time period in seconds within which PSN will attempt to block multiple identical emails.
- Fixed: Translation issues
- Fixed: PHP 8 improvements
Version 1.9.8 – Release: 2020/10/03
- Fixed: PHPMailer issue
- Accidentally skipped version 1.9.7
Version 1.9.6 – Release: 2020/08/10
- Added: Reply-To support for email notifications
- Fixed: PHP 7.4 issues
- Fixed: Compatibility with WordPress 5.5
- Fixed: Translation issues
- Fixed: Minor layout issues
Version 1.9.5 – Release: 2019/07/06
- Changed: Options page layout improved
- Fixed: Support for ACF field type with non scalar values, like “Select”, “Post Object” and others
- Fixed: Removed PHP Notices
- Fixed: Issue with submit form of plugin “WP User Frontend”
Version 1.9.4 – Release: 2019/03/04
- Added: Button to save and stay on page for mail template form
- Fixed: Bulk actions did not work anymore
- Fixed: PHP 7.x improvements
- Fixed: Some database tables were not removed when the plugin was deleted
Version 1.9.3 – Release: 2018/10/17
- Fixed: Error on plugin activation
Version 1.9.2 – Release: 14.10.2018
- Fixed: Some PSN database tables have been created with type MyISAM. This has been removed to create default type which will be InnoDB in most cases.
- Fixed: The initialization procedure of the plugin has been improved.
Version 1.9.1 – Release: 10.01.2018
- Fixed: Improved error message handling (PHP notices were displayed on PSN admin pages)
Version 1.9.0 – Release: 23.05.2017
- Added: Support for ACF custom fields improved
- Added: New status “Not scheduled”
- Added: New rule condition: Post ID whitelist / blacklist
- Added: New rule condition: Exclude recipients by user ID or email address
- Added: Custom rule match condition based on template syntax
- Fixed: Rule match handling improved
Version 1.8.9 – Release: 05.05.2016
- Fixed: Compatibility fix for PHP 7
- Fixed: Minor fixes
Version 1.8.8 – Release: 13.12.2015
- Added: New placeholders for post title and content diffs: [post_diff_title], [post_diff_content] (see: http://docs.ifeelweb.de/post-status-notifier/content_diffs.html)
- Fixed: Compatibility fix for PHP 7
Version 1.8.7 – Release: 28.11.2015
- Added: New placeholder when running inside TO loop: [recipient_ID]
- Added: New placeholder when running inside TO loop: [recipient_user_email]
- Changed: Improved SMTP debug mode to not produce output in AJAX requests
- Changed: HTML emails editor update
- Fixed: On some hosters it could lead to issues with PHP open_basedir setting
Version 1.8.6 – Release: 05.11.2015
- Bugfix: Whitespace in a script file caused PSN admin pages to result in an error after form submits
- Bugfix: Passing emails to Mandrill could result in errors if custom FROM was used
Version 1.8.5 – Release: 28.10.2015
- Added: New rule option “Exclude current user” with which you can exclude the current user who saves / updates the post from all recipients
- Changed: License handling on multisite installations. Go to network settings / Post Status Notifier to activate the license network wide
- Changed: License form moved to a dedicated tab section on default (non multisite) installations
- Bugfix: Placeholders [post_status_before] and [post_status_after] could be empty
- Bugfix: Custom FROM set in the option could lead to problems if format “Sender Name <firstname.lastname@example.org>” was used
Version 1.8.4 – Release: 18.09.2015
- New placeholders: [post_categories_slugs], [post_categories_slugs_array], [post_tags_slugs], [post_tags_slugs_array] (thanks to syntax53 for the proposal)
- Tweak: On multisite update, the PHP maximum execution timeout will be resetted to the default 30 seconds for every site to not run into a timeout with very large networks
- Minor fixes
Version 1.8.3 – Release: 26.08.2015
- Security improvements.
Version 1.8.2 – Release: 23.07.2015
- Bugfix: Selftester could produce an error message about insufficient permissions.
Version 1.8.1 – Release: 09.07.2015
- Tweak: Category handling improved: special characters in category names could not be matched
- Tweak: Frontend post submission improved: Category filter did not work for posts submitted via frontend
Version 1.8 – Release: 27.04.2015
- New feature: Rule trigger limitations see: http://docs.ifeelweb.de/post-status-notifier/limitations.html
- New feature: Dynamic recipients see: http://docs.ifeelweb.de/post-status-notifier/dynamic_recipients.html
- New feature: Late execution see: http://docs.ifeelweb.de/post-status-notifier/options.html#late-execution
- New feature: Mandrill support (see Options / Advanced)
- Redesigned options page for better overview
Version 1.7 – Release: 09.12.2014
- New feature: Mail Queue (Deferred sending)
- Improved logging: Shows detailed email contents now, including HTML mails
- Bugfix: Placeholder [post_editlink] could not be replaced in case of users without edit rights changed the post status (e.g. if the permission exceeded in the meantime but he still gets emails)
- Bugfix: Mail template HTML editor produced an JS error when opened in edit mode in Firefox
Version 1.6.3 – Release: 21.10.2014
- Bugfix: Service section environment info metabox could break in certain cases
- Bugfix: FROM was empty if no custom FROM was set
- Improvement: Rule and mail template export could break when other plugins interfered via filters
- Fix: Rule placeholder help screen showed “post_featured_image_src” which should be “post_featured_image_url”
Version 1.6.2 – Release: 15.09.2014
- Bugfix in custom tags handling
Version 1.6.1 – Release: 14.09.2014
- Major improvements for the support of Categories and Tags.
- Major improvements for the support of Custom Fields
- Major improvements for the support of Scheduled Posts.
Version 1.6 – Release: 23.08.2014
- New feature: Support for conditions, loops, functions and filters in subject and body texts. Enables to access any kind of data attached to a post. Allows to create dynamic texts.
- New feature: Block notifications options in Post submit box. Lets you decide to completely block notifications before you update / create a post.
- New feature: One email per TO recipient. Notifications can get send in a loop with one email per TO recipient disregarding CC and BCC recipients. This feature is has Beta status.
- New placeholder: [post_categories_array] Contains an array for easy use with filters
- New placeholder: [post_tags_array] Contains an array for easy use with filters
- New placeholder: [post_custom_fields_array] Contains an array for easy use with filters
- New placeholder: [post_preview_25] Contains the first 25 words of the post content
- New placeholder: [post_preview_50] Contains the first 50 words of the post content
- New placeholder: [post_preview_75] Contains the first 75 words of the post content
- New placeholder: [post_preview_100] Contains the first 100 words of the post content
- New placeholder: [post_content_strip_tags] The post content without HTML tags
- New placeholder: [post_featured_image_url] If a post has a featured image, this placeholders contains its URL
- New placeholder: [post_featured_image_width] The featured image width
- New placeholder: [post_featured_image_height] The featured image height
- New placeholder: [recipient_first_name] Only works in “One email per TO recipient” mode. The firstname of the recipient if it is available in the user profile.
- New placeholder: [recipient_last_name] Only works in “One email per TO recipient” mode. The lastname of the recipient if it is available in the user profile.
- New custom post status: “Not trash” will match every status but “Trash”
Version 1.5.2 – Release: 03.06.2014
- Bugfix: In some cases the service section produced an error message (Call to undefined function apache_get_version())
Version 1.5.1 – Release: 13.05.2014
- Improvement: Duplicate recipients get removed
- Bugfix: Fixed a bug in the Logger module (Sent emails haven’t been logged correctly)
Version 1.5 – Release: 06.05.2014
- New feature: HTML mail support and email templates. Prepare your email templates once and select them for different notification rules.
- New feature: Auto-update via WordPress backend. Never have to upload the files via FTP again. You have to enter your license code in the plugin’s settings.
- New feature: More flexible To, Cc, Bcc selection. Multiple selections are possible now.
- New feature: Editor restriction. Select one or more roles the editor of a post must be member of so that the notification will be generated.
- New feature: Recipients lists. Manage email addresses without the need to create user accounts.
- New custom post status “Not pending”: Matches all post status values except “pending”
- New custom post status “Not private”: Matches all post status values except “private”
- New placeholder [post_editlink]: Contains the backend edit URL
- Removed post types “attachement”, “nav_menu_item” from rule settings as they are not treated like post types (have no status before/after)
- Support for placeholders in FROM
- Refactoring for performance improvements
Version 1.4.1 – Release: 11.02.2014
- Bugfix: Missing translation class (http://codecanyon.net/item/post-status-notifier/4809420/comments?#comment_5883580)
Version 1.4 – Release: 05.02.2014
- New custom placeholders which will specifically match custom categories and tags registered with your blog.
- New feature:Dynamic placeholders: You will be able to fetch every custom field attached to your posts.
- New feature: Placeholder filters. This is a very powerful feature. You can use all filters of the famous PHP template engine Twig to manipulate the output of all placeholders PSN offers you, including the new dynamic placeholders.
- New feature: Import / Export notification rules
- New feature: Copy notification rules
- New feature: New recipient type “Individual e-mail”. Enter a custom e-mail address as main recipient (TO).
- New feature: Custom sender e-mail. Define the notification sender per rule or as a default in the options.
- New notification rule status “Not published”. This will match every post status but “publish”.
- New placeholder: [post_format]
Version 1.3 – Release: 08.01.2014
- New feature: Notification rules have a categories filter now
- New placeholder: [post_permalink] can be used for notification texts. Contains the post’s permalink (uses WP internal get_permalink function)
- Bugfix: Fixed a bug which occured when not logged in users changed post status in the frontend
- Bugfix: German language fix
- Improvement: Backend adjusted to new WordPress 3.8 layout
Version 1.2.1 – Release: 28.09.2013
- Bugfix: Fixed a bug where scheduled items did not get notified when published by cron
Version 1.2 – Release: 12.09.2013
- New feature: Notification rule recipient supports user roles (default and custom roles) and special all users
- Improvement: The plugin now is completely multisite compatible
- Bugfix: Single quotes in blog name will be shown correctly now
Version 1.1 – Release: 22.08.2013
- New feature: Bcc field. Set Bcc recipients for your notification rules.
- New feature: SMTP mode. If you want to send many notifications and have a SMTP mail server, PSN now supports it. You find all necessary SMTP settings in the options section.
- New feature: Plugin selftester. The plugin ships with some selftesting routines you can trigger manually in the plugin dashboard.
- Minor bugfixing: Now fully compatible with Windows Server 2008 / PHP 5.2
Version 1.0.3 – Release: 07.06.2013
- Further improvements: Removed dependency to PDO at all
Version 1.0.2 – Release: 03.06.2013
- Bugfix: Recipient “Post author” did not work for notification rules
- Bugfix: Plugin activation could produce error with PHP 5.2 (Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM …)
Version 1.0.1 – Release: 31.05.2013
- Removed dependency to PHP pdo_mysql (framework database models now work with native wpdb object)
- Improved backwards compatibility up to WP 3.3 (tested on 3.3.x / 3.4.x / 3.5.x)
- Adjusted log timestamp format to blog date/time settings
<p>Version 1.0.0 – Initial Release: 26.05.2013</p>