This may sound like mathematics to whoever is about to read this article as we say 50% plus 50% equals 100%. Although there is a common saying that when you fail to plan, you are planning to fail. Planning does not only relate to project or business management but to every aspect of our lives. So, whether you are a lecturer, musician, director, journalist or an entrepreneur, you need to plan to become successful in whatever you do or plan to do.
Planning entails detailing out what needs to be done to achieve your goals or objectives, formulating strategies to achieve them, arrange or create the means required, implement, direct and monitor all steps in their proper sequence.
There are many benefits of proper planning. Before going into any profession, you should consider the points described below:
· Planning helps to predict what needs to be done to achieve our desired plans.
· It identifies those risks that could turn to an opportunity or threat to our lives or businesses.
· It helps to determine the financial requirement for future purposes.
Planning for development automatically leads to success as everyone that grows in terms of knowledge, revenue, promotion, is regarded as a success. So if you want to scale up your business or establish a new business line, it is important to plan adequately. After the implementation of your plan, you will need to develop your business to meet customers’ requirements which entails more detailed planning.
Success cannot be achieved without setting planning in place. Some people have failed to get a promotion, achieve a higher level at various offices because they could not plan for what is needed to get to the proposed position.
A football team coach does a lot of planning before selecting final 11-team to be on the field. This includes who will be the goalkeeper, who will be on the substitute list and those who are only qualified to take kick like a penalty, free-kick and so on. Successful CEOs plan in details before choosing who will lead each division like sales, procurement, financing, HR.
Every development is a success whether small or big. While there are various ways you can make 1 + 1 to become 2, there are also various ways you can be successful through planning for development.
- Networking: You need to belong to the right peers, society and group that can positively add useful meanings to your planning. Working with planners is also a piece of good advice. You will be able to identify who can help you to fill the identified gaps.
- Education: Even when you decide to hire professionals who can take up the role of planning for your development, you need to have certain knowledge that will guide you during implementation. Through education, you will decide on what skills, techniques, and tools you need to work on. If you are an entrepreneur, you will be able to decide what pricing strategy can be used to gain more revenue.
3. Research: Doing thorough research by finding out previous plans successful people used is a nice way to follow in making a guide. This will help to estimate where and what you need to achieve in the coming years. A good example is a market survey which shows you the past, present and future demands for products or services.