Struggling to work with large menus? Try the Menu Management Enhancer for WordPress
The WordPress 3 Menu Management System is excellent, but it can be a bit cumbersome if you’re managing many menu items. The Menu Management Enhancer for WordPress aims to improve the menu management user experience.
- Manage large numbers of menu items with ease
- Expand and collapse menu item trees
- Quickly jump to any top level menu item
- Enhanced drag & drop jump-to-item functionality
- View menu item IDs
- Child and descendant menu item counts at a glance
The Menu Management Enhancer is a back-end (it won’t affect anything your site visitors see) administrative utility for WordPress which improves your menu management experience. It affects only the <strong>Appearance > Menus</strong> screen. If you have more menu items than fit on your screen, this plugin can enhance your menu management experience. Try it with <a href="https://codecanyon.net/item/ubermenu-wordpress-mega-menu-plugin/154703">UberMenu – WordPress Mega Menu Plugin</a>! Is your Appearance > Menus Admin Panel running slowly in WordPress 3.6 or 3.7? Try the <a href="http://wordpress.org/plugins/faster-appearance-menus/" rel="nofollow">Faster Appearance > Menus plugin</a> (there is an inefficiency in WordPress core)
- WordPress 3.5+
- jQuery 1.8.2+ (comes with WordPress 3.5+)
- Use of the WordPress 3 Navigation Menu System
- Use of a modern browser, like Firefox or Chrome. (It does seem to work with IE, but considering this is a back-end script, that won’t officially be supported. Just use Chrome ).
Read the <a href="http://sevenspark.com/docs/menu-management-enhancer" rel="nofollow">Full Documentation</a>
<a href="http://christophercliff.github.com/sausage/" rel="nofollow">sausage.js</a> by Christopher Cliff
v1.2 * Replaced deprecated jQuery .size() function with .length for compatibility with future jQuery versions