In this day and age we live in, we are constantly shifting the way we communicate with each other, be it for business or for individual purposes. Technologies seem to advance in very big steps, and faxing is certainly not an exception. Some decades ago the only way to fax was by using a legacy fax machine, but now things are much more different since we can take care of our faxes digitally, without wasting paper and ink.
Email fax services have been a great help to send and receive faxes over the Internet, first by allowing us to fax using nothing but our emails as attachments, and now they are providing us a way to fax cloud-based documents.
Cloud fax services are now available to millions of users worldwide. Services such as RingCentral Fax and FaxLogic have started offering this alternative, responding to the big number of users who work with cloud based documents in platforms such as Google Docs, Box and Dropbox. At the same time, many businesses have started using them as a way to better manage company faxes with guaranteed security.
Cloud fax services are 100% compatible with traditional fax machines. As a customer, you receive your own virtual fax number that will connect you with other users using any type of faxing technology. People sending you faxes will not notice a difference and won’t even know that you are using a digital alternative. The virtual number will be in charge of redirecting all incoming documents to your email inbox.
Using a cloud based solution has a lot of benefits. Let’s take a look at some of them:
- The ability to schedule faxes to be delivered when you want it.
- Send a single document to multiple recipients at the same time without spending extra time in your computer.
- Compatibility with smartphones. Simply download a compatible fax app for your smartphone and receive faxes virtually anywhere. Keep in mind that availability of mobile apps will depend on each fax service company.
- Integration of fax services with Google Docs, Box and DropBox.
- Managed security. Digital faxing needs extra security, so it is better to leave those matters in the hand of an experienced faxing company and just concentrate on increasing speed of communications.
These are just some of the advantages of using a cloud based fax service for your business. In addition, if you are planning to use this on a big company, you will save hours of IT’s time and let the team concentrate in the core problems of your company.